The 'Bite Sized Memoir' blog hop was started by Lisa Reiter; please read her original post HERE, and feel free to take part!
In brief, Lisa gives a different topic every week, and you are invited to write either 10 x 'I remember' statements, or a 150 word piece of prose or poem. You then post your article on Lisa's comments (NOT mine, I'm just partaking!), she very kindly posts it on Twitter - and you can read other people's!
Here are my 10 memories about childhood illnesses:
1. Daring to peep into my little brother's bedroom and being highly amused that he had a huge moon face - mumps!
2. Daddy not being allowed to go near my brother, because he'd never had mumps - and you know what happens to adult men who get it....!
3. Mum covering my itchy chicken pox back with calamine lotion.
4. ..... crying because they itched so much!
5. How the illnesses would always start when you were really looking forward to something you would have to MISS - like going to a pantomime.
6. That lovely moment when Mummy said "I think you'd better stay off school"
7. The wonderful dreamy time-out-of-the-real-world bit when I was ill enough not to have to get up/go to school, but well enough to enjoy reading in bed all day.
8. Minadex. Bright green, horrible medicine.
9. Craving ice cream, or tomato soup - and getting it!
10. Feeling a bit deflated when it was all over.....
I have not included anything to do with being sick, as I find the subject of vomit loathsome! Please tune into Lisa's blog each Friday, as she gives some great subjects to write about....