On Monday 25th July, book blogger Rosie Amber wrote this post encouraging readers and writers alike to post a short review on Amazon for any book they've read and enjoyed ~ following this up, I'm starting this initiative along with other writer-bloggers including Rosie, Cathy from Between The Lines, Barb Taub, Shelley Wilson and Alison Williams.
The idea is that, during August 1st, everyone who reads this uses their Amazon account to post just one review on one book that they've read (but feel free to carry on if you get in the swing!). You don't even have to have read it recently, it can be any book you've read, any time. The book does not have to have been purchased from Amazon, though if it is you get the 'Verified Purchase' tag on it; however, if you download all your books via Kindle Unlimited, as many do these days, they don't show the VP tag, anyway.
Afterwards, if you like, you can tweet your review to #AugustReviews, and it will be included in the 'Hall of Fame' lists!
#AugustReviews is not for own book promotion. There are plenty of other opportunities all over the internet for you to market your books. Please respect this!
Please do not post blog reviews. This initiative is about ordinary readers everywhere posting reviews on Amazon. Thanks for understanding :)
Here's a good post from Anniek and Suze from With Love for Books blog, with some suggestions for good review one liners: HERE
- They help book buyers make decisions. Don't you read the reviews on Trip Advisor before deciding on a hotel, or any site from which you might buy an item for practical use? Book reviews are no different.
- If the book is by a self-published author, or published by an independent press, the writers have to do all their promotion and marketing themselves ~ reviews from the reading public is their one free helping hand.
- The amount of reviews on Amazon helps a book's visibility (allegedly). If you love a writer's work and want others to do so, too, this is the best possible way of making this happen.
- It's your good deed for the day, and will only take five minutes!
- If you need any help with writing your review, do click on Rosie's post, above.
- A review can be as short as one word. The shortest one I have is just two :)
- You don't have to put your name to the review, as your Amazon 'handle' can be anything you like.
- No writer expects all their reviews to be 5* and say the book is the best thing ever written; there is a star rating guide on Rosie's post.
If you have a blog and would like to spread the word about #AugustReviews, please feel free to copy and paste this blog post, provide the link to it, re-blog it, or whatever ~ many thanks, and I hope you will join in to make this idea a success :)
ps: I'm having trouble replying to comments on my blog at the moment, during a Windows changeover that is completely beyond my experience or expertise, so if you want to ask me anything please do so via Twitter @TerryTyler4, or by email if you have my address. Thanks!