(People who aren't Walking Dead addicts, please leave now...)
What's your TWD persona according to your star sign? HERE
Who do you think it is, then? Not long until we find out :)
Now, I haven't joined discussion forums or gone over and over the final scene with a microscope, studying the angles to see which way Lucille fell, or searched the Season 7 trailers looking for hidden clues; this is just what I reckon... your comments welcome!
Who will it be? My opinion:
~The Definitely Nots~
- Rick ~ because he's the star of the show, basically. And because Negan said that thing about feeding Carl's eyeballs to his dad, or whatever it was (look, I've only watched it three times and I have a lousy memory!).
- Carl ~ for the reasons above. And who would take care of Judith?
- Daryl ~ no way on earth are they going to get rid of the TWD hearthrob! There would be a global outcry!
- Michonne ~ far too popular with the viewers. Would the producers really get rid of Rick's love interest? I don't think so. Bloody hope not, anyway!
- Abraham ~ possible, but unlikely, because they've made more of him in the last series, and given him a new relationship... but then again, he's feeling all positive about him and Sacha, and sees hope for the future, so it could be just the sort of horrendous thing they'd do... he has the best lines on the show, so I certainly hope he doesn't go.
- Aaron ~ hmmm... but I don't think he's been around long enough for there to be enough impact about his demise, sad though it would be (I really like this guy!). Also, he is one half of the token gay couple, so they won't get rid of him without a replacement (article about tokenism taking shape in my head...).
- Glenn ~ hmmmm.... we all love Glenn-and-Maggie. Alas, it would have such impact on the group that they'd all be raring to fight back: thus, great storylines. If Negan kills lovely Glenn, who's been there since he rescued Rick from the tank in episode one, the rest of them would be gunning for him... big time.
- Maggie ~ Possible, because it would be so tragic for Glenn, and could turn him hard and embittered, a new direction for him. Then again, she is the last of the Greenes... Urgh. No, no, please not Glenn-and-Maggie; too ghastly!
- Sacha ~ at first I thought it unlikely because of her new relationship with Abraham; why would they have bothered to do all that if only to destroy it? But it could turn Abraham into an insane killing machine, so perhaps a good story line... the programme is all about terrible tragedy. Also, she could be seen as kind of the 'Happy Shopper' Michonne. Harsh and hard with a whole mass of baggage, and a soft side that can come out if you work at it, but perhaps not quite as viewer-friendly as Michonne. I do like Sacha (I watched her being reunited with Tyreese after Terminus the other day, and cried!), but I can see that the writers might consider her expendable.
- Rosita ~ Now they've ended her relationship with Abraham, what is her role in the series, apart from being another fierce soldier who happens to be pretty gorgeous? Also, it would put a strain on Abraham, because he would feel guilty about making her last days so unhappy, which is just the sort of thing the writers would love! On the other hand, they've developed her personality more in the last series, and her association with Deanna's surviving son has legs ~ but is that just to make us care more when she gets killed?
- Eugene ~ based mainly on his bro-hug with Abraham, and the fact that he gave Rick the bullets recipe. Oh, and because he had finally come into his own and stopped being scared, which would make it doubly sad. For me, he's the most likely, although it does also seem to be the most obvious ~ which, of course, makes it less so....
|Just love this picture of happier times...!|
As for the rest of it, I have to admit to seeing Morgan pushing Carol in a wheelchair in the trailer, I think Jesus may turn out to be someone we all love, after a shaky start (and he is pretty hot too, of course), and I have high hopes for the chaps in armour on horses! AND there must be a reason for Heath and Tara having been sent off on a fortnight run, mustn't there (I love Heath, btw)? Aren't they due back around now? Perhaps they are going to leap in on the way back and make some dashing rescue....
I'd love to hear what you think...if more than a couple of people comment I'll do a post featuring excerpts!