Tuesday 9 January 2018

Lately I've been watching....

Some film and TV comments, with trailers for your enjoyment!  Click on name of film/series for more info.


Film ~ Jungle

Fabulous true life tragic and amazing adventure starring Daniel Radcliffe - loved it so much I could have watched it again straight away, and now want to read the book.

5 stars
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟




Black Mirror Season 4

A glimpse into the technology of the not so distant future... brilliant, as always.   6 separate stories ~ my favourites were  1, 3 and 5.

 5 stars 
 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟




Stranger Things Season 2

Liked this series much more than the first.  Sci-Fi series set in 1984.  Gives me the feeling of curling up in bed reading comics, as a child.  Love that it's not all about today's technology; will appeal to the oldies like me!

4.5 stars
 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 🌟




Borg vs McEnroe ~ film

About their thrilling 1980s final!  (The guy who played Borg was amazing)

4.5 stars
 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 🌟




Curb Your Enthusiasm

The long-running comedy series starring Larry David, who created Seinfeld.  I watch a few episodes of this whenever I feel like something light; always great.

 4.5 stars
 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟 🌟



Fearless - serial drama

Lawyer tries to prove the innocence of a child killer and opens up a whole can of worms.  I did like it, but don't think I would have remembered it if I hadn't made a note of it straight away.  It's worth watching.

3.5/4 stars
 ðŸŒŸ 🌟 🌟




Doomsday ~ post apocalyptic film from 2008

The first five minutes showed great promise.  After that it was preposterous rubbish, mostly.  Gangs of unruly punks in forgotten Scotland, who all happen to be really great looking with great bodies despite living on a diet of human flesh.  Breakaway gang of immunes live in a castle, and for some reason all dress in medieval attire.  Scantily clad girl beats huge man in full body armour in battle.  You get the picture.  Some good music, though.

2 stars
 ðŸŒŸ 🌟




American Gothic ~ serial killer family thriller

2 stars
 ðŸŒŸ 🌟


Mostly preposterous rubbish, but I watched it to the end, possibly because it starred the bloke out of Banshee who is totally hot.  Includes token beautiful, successful professional woman who happens to be a lesbian, as is usual in TV drama these days (nb, this is not a slur against the LGBTQ community, but a criticism of the patronising tokenism present in the TV industry).  








6 comments:

  1. I just haven't been watching TV recently so I haven't watched any o this! 😲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I always start about 9, when all writing and everything else is done for the day... at the moment it's reading I'm trying to find time for!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of 'Jungle' before. I watched Stranger Things season One but not got around to season two yet as I've been wanting to finish a few series I started (well until their mid-season breaks). I've been watching 'The Punisher' (season 1)(Marvel), Designated Survivor (S2) and Scorpion (S3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must watch Jungle! I was a bit 'whatever' about the new series of Stranger Things but it's so much better than the first. I've seen the first couple of eps of The Punisher, loved the first series of Designated Survivor, but we gave up after about ep 3 of the second series, as it seems to have gone a bit schmaltzy. Not seen Scorpion - will investigate"

      Delete
  3. I can honestly say I’ve never seen any of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch any 'normal' TV, Wendy, just Netflix, Amazon video, etc, or the occasional series like Fearless on the BBC website thingy.

      Delete