Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Z Files: Genevieve Gannon ~ Scorpio

Welcome to The Z Files, in which writers show how the characteristics of their star sign influence their work; I instructed contributors to take the subject as seriously or as lightly as they wished.  Links to other posts can be found at the end of this one.


Today I'd like to welcome Australian Scorpio chick lit author Genevieve Gannon, who is published by Harper Collins.


"The idea that I'm an archetypal Scorpio makes me laugh. Scorpios are always described as hot-headed and passionate, jealous and dark and perhaps a little stubborn. When Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton started wearing vials of each others' blood around their necks, I thought: Scorpios. That's nothing like me! So it's difficult to say how these characteristics apply to my writing style and my stories, which are irreverent, light-hearted comedies."


However, the philosophical, intense approach the characters in my book Husband Hunters take to the task of finding a spouse is somewhat reflective of the Scorpio nature. And Violet Mason, the heroine of my second novel Chasing Chris Campbell, leaves her entire life to chase a guy she barely knows around Asia. That's definitely very loyal and intense. Perhaps not very deep thinking, which is another Scorpio trait.  


Unlike all the other contributors Genevieve has told us nothing about herself ~ which in itself perhaps reveals more of her Scorpio character than she realises; they do like to keep things hidden, and reject the frivolous. Perhaps she possesses some of the other traits listed above :)


You can find out more about Gen's books on her website or click the links above, and follow her on Twitter

Two famous Scorpio lady writers to go with Gen ~

Fellow chick lit writer Kathy Lette...


....and Pulitzer prize winner who has been likened to Jane Austen, Anne Tyler.



Up Next: A very talkative Capricorn!

Previous Posts:
LeoRose Edmunds, Anne Goodwin, Alex Johnson,
Aquarius and Capricorn: Nicky Black

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Terry, yes! I was waiting for something about her, but she cleverly deflected her Scorpio characteristics to her book characters. Nice one, Genevieve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if scorpios are secretive, but I do believe we're supposed to be mysterious!

    ReplyDelete