Sunday 13 December 2015

The Z Files: Marcia Carringon ~ Libra

Astrology ~ a bit of fun, a load of rubbish, or something to take seriously?

I invited around 70 writers/bloggers to write a piece about how typical they are of their sign, and how its traits affect their writing life ~ if at all...

Has your favourite writer been featured yet?  Links to all previous posts at the end of this one :)


Now I'd like to introduce someone who always tries to make Twitter and the indie publishing world a helpful and supportive place, in the nicest, harmonious, Libra way possible.  Welcome to Marcia Carrington, a frequent blogger and writer of short, light romances ~ you can find out all about her and her books (with links to all sites) on this part of her blog, Marcia's Book Talk
Rather than send me a photo of herself, Marcia sent me the picture she uses for her profile on Twitter, which I imagine many tweeters-about-books will recognise.


"Being a Libran, I believe that I am artistically orientated, and do love beauty. Beauty whether it be in people and their hearts, clothing, places, food, furniture…the list goes on. As for everything being balanced and harmonious, I sometimes want everything TOO balanced at times, and that may sap spontaneity if the line is too straight, the shoes at home lining up exactly with each other, or other such things! "


"As for being indecisive, yes, I have been guilty of that in the past, and less in the present, but it’s funny, with writing, I’m never indecisive, and don’t waver! If I have a release date for a book, I don’t deviate from this, deliver it on time, and quickly choose the cover models for my books. It is more clear cut for me, oddly enough, and being a Libran this may seem strange that I don’t mull over things much more, but I don’t! The place I can be very indecisive, though, is in the supermarket, especially when there are so many delights on offer, and it can be difficult to choose between lemon cheesecakes or baked American cheesecakes, for example - now these are heart-rending dilemmas for me!"



Aha, and did you know that Librans are supposed to have a particularly sweet tooth??? Do follow Marcia on Twitter, she's a charming lady :)

Now, the famous Libran writers....

.... first up, here's Nora Roberts, American author of over 200 romance novels - 
how does anyone physically manage to write that many??!!
 
... and for no reason other than he hasn't appeared on The Z Files yet ~ 
Libran Oscar Wilde
 

Coming next time: Virgo

Previous Posts (click name to see post):
Aquarius and Capricorn: Nicky Black


 

6 comments:

  1. Nice one! Even balanced in her opposing traits :) Great to meet you here, Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Val, pleasure to meet you too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the post Terry! I think my sweet tooth does get me into trouble from time to time; moderation can be difficult for me when sweets are around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know the feeling.... if it's creamy and lemon or caramel flavoured, I want it...!

      A pleasure to have you here, Marcia xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely to meet you, Marcia. I can relate to the indecision in the supermarket. Although if they have the chocolate cheesecake available, then there's no hesitation... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise Wendy, pleased to meet you. I agree with you, the chocolate cheesecake goes down very well, no complaints at all, a happy 'quandary'. I love it especially accompanied by coffee or tea (the caffeine fix another beautiful obsession of mine!)

      Delete