Sunday 23 April 2017

If Twitter had been around in the 1980s... (Part Two)

....what would some of my Twitter friends have looked like and been tweeting about?  More 1980s fun in Part One HERE!

To see what we're up to 30 years later, click the user name above the photo....


Terry Tyler @TerryTyler4


@TerryTyler4
The Ladies in Red....!!  
Hope someone invents hair straighteners soon....

~~~


Rosie Amber @rosieamber1 


@rosieamber1
Shadow Puppets time!  Any requests? Complete the form on my BLOG, and it will be performed for you by a member of my Shadow Puppets team #RSPT  Meanwhile, #amreading.  No, really. 📚


~~~


June Kearns @june_kearns 


@june_kearns 
My life: Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub.... 
(famous novelist dreams currently on hold...) 👷


~~~


Georgia Rose @GeorgiaRoseBook 



@GeorgiaRoseBook  
Early start (yes, Before The Dawn!) and wilful horses ~ #amriding!  (#SentFromPub #SouthernComfort #Wahey!!) 🏇🏇


~~~


Carl Rackman @CarlRackman



@CarlRackman 
Bumped into Tessa Sanderson in the pub. 🏃
She chased me home.  Honest.



~~~


Lizzie Lamb @lizzie_lamb 


@lizzie_lamb 
Wonderful #Usigebeatha!  Had idea for novel set in Highlands and Islands; well, I've got the title!  Scotch on the Rocks - like it?


 More next week.....

 

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Your hair is seriously big in this photo T - wouldn't the 80's have had a totally different feel if straighteners had been invented!! Love my tweet - haha - you're so clever :-)Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is like that episode of Friends when Monica's hair just grew and grew in the humidity, G! That pic was taken in 1984; I remember going to the hairdressers in January 1988 (yes, a turning point in my life!) and my hairdresser said, 'I've got these great new hair straighteners, would you like me to try them on yours?' I never looked back!

      Delete
  2. Like the #RSPT idea! Saves brain storming a new idea at our next meet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha ha!!!! Took me a while, but I thought of something, eventually!

      Delete
  3. Fab, Terry!!
    Obvs, we we're already all fabulous!
    Re straighteners - wasn't anyone else ironing their hair? I'd started that in the 60s (with my mum saying I'd be bald before I was 30!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember 60s chicks doing that, but I was always scared of doing it because my hair was already so dry. I used to wind it round my head, or lean against the back of chairs for hours. Too ages, and it all frizzed up again if the weather was at all humid!

      Delete
  4. Love them all! Georgia doesn't look any different!! This is such a fun feature x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelley - I like doing stuff that isn't ALL about book promo, sometimes :)

      Delete
    2. If only Shelley!! But thank you ;-)

      Delete
  5. Yet another fab post this is such a great idea T. You all look gorgeous big hair or not :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on, come on, you must have one, too....!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely to see lots of mates here - and what good sports we all are. Thanks for posting Terry, I loved the Eighties, happy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did too - or perhaps it was just being in my 20s that I liked!!

      Delete
  7. Brilliant post! I love these!! Are you going to do any more? Can I send you another one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! I have part 3 half done; I might just extend that, or do a Part 4 if I get enough other ones :)

      Delete
    2. Will do. If you have too many though, I will totally understand :)

      Delete
  8. Loved looking at what you all looked like - I had a poodle perm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Wendy, if you would like to send me a photo in the next few days, I'd be happy to include you in a future post :)

      Delete