Sunday 28 July 2019

The Park on the 28th: July - Mid Summer


On the 28th of each month, I take photos of my usual walk in my local park; many in roughly the same places each month, so you and I can observe the changes in season: the trees, the flowers, the light in the sky ... and the weather!  

As this week has zig-zagged between sizzling sunshine and muggy downpours (ghastly for those like me with hair that frizzes up with the first droplet of moisture), I checked the weather at 7 a.m. today, and discovered that I would need to go out immediately if I had any chance of sunshine and not getting soaked.  So this month's pics are a mix of sunny and not, which seems representative of the month as a whole, and it was a lot more soggy than it looks.  I'm so glad I went when I did; now, at 10.30, it's completely overcast.

(Incidentally, going out immediately meant not having the strong, freshly-ground coffee and nutritionally sound breakfast that I have convinced myself I need in order to function.  I took a bottle of water and a Nakd bar with me, and I felt just fine.  See, coffee, I don't need you after all!)

Click month to see previous pictures:
June
May 
April 
March 
February
January
December 
November 
October 
September 




Looking worryingly autumnal in places -
conkers on the ground (the round green things).




 Narnia!

 I've been taking pictures of these branches since last autumn;
this month they're so leafy/soaked that they're touching the ground in places.


 Plenty of flowers out now...



These ones were still in bud last month.  Boer War memorial in background

These trees were bright red in October :)




4 comments:

  1. I love the dappled light and shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Terry, I love trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your park photos Terry!! Beautiful ❤️! Love your picture especially ��.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for these lovely comments, ladies - I appear to have missed them, so apologise for my rudeness in not thanking you at the time!

      Delete