Friday 28 December 2018

The Park on the 28th: December - Early Winter


The park where I go for my walks, photos taken in roughly the same places on the 28th of each month, to observe the changes in the seasons.  It's not just the leaves on the trees, though; it's the light in the sky.  Each month, it feels different.

I admit to taking these on the 21st, not the 28th, this month; I've been ill since 23rd (just a tonsilitis type thing - nothing serious, touch wood!) and I felt the first hints of it on the 21st - it was a nice day, so I went out and took the pictures just in case.  I am sure it hasn't changed much in one week, anyway - certainly no magical Christmas white frosts!

Click month for previous posts:
September 
October 
November 




I bet someone got in trouble for throwing his/her shoes up in this tree... really high, I zoomed so you could actually see them!



Guest picture from my sister Julia, of the beach in Cromer 
(where I used to live, too), on Boxing Day.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like them, too, Liz - more than the leafy sunny ones, I think :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pics. The litter not so pretty. Why can't people take their rubbish home. Hoping the recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was just something about that dirty old wine bottle!!! As for recovery.... slowly, but getting there, I hope :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely, Terry. I enjoy the starkness of winter trees and even more against sunshine and blue skies. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's a different sort of beauty, isn't it? I just love the starkness of December.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos - what an amazing sky! Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During good hours I try to convince myself that I am, Linda! Thanks xx

      Delete