Sunday 10 January 2016

The Z Files: Jaye Marie ~ Taurus

Astrology ~ a bit of fun, a load of rubbish, or something to take seriously?

I invited around 70 writers/bloggers to write a piece about how typical they are of their sign, and how its traits affect their writing life ~ if at all...

I featured fifty-one writers and bloggers last year ~ if you would like to have a look at the list (with links), they're all HERE

Couldn't resist this picture!

Now, here's the sign for which I had the least contributions to this feature ~ yes, yes, I know Taurus natives tend to be sceptical about the whole thing (as proven by my Taurean husband, brother and best friend, who all threaten to disown me if I mention it!).  So I was pleased to find another ~ welcome Jaye MarieJaye is a writer of mystery and thrillers, and very supportive of other tweeters, writers and bloggers; you can find out more about her and her writer sister Anita's books on their blog HERE.


Now I'll let Jaye tell you all about being a Taurus writer:

"Saint or Sinner? 

If you read the list of attributes for the average Taurean, most of them are highly desirable, and my family would agree that I have most of them. I am practical, generous, patient and loving. Most people like me, but if they were honest, they would admit that my intense stubbornness could sometimes be a bit of a problem. I have yet to come across anyone who can make me change my mind…  I cannot do it, even when it’s for the best!"



"My sister hates the fact that I always have to be right, moving heaven and earth to achieve this. Most of the time I am right, but will go to extraordinary lengths to make things fit. Once made up, my mind is unchangeable, even by me! 

I have more heads than Worzel Gummidge and have had a go at most things. If I like the look of something and someone made it, I will have a go too. Doesn’t matter what it is either, I learned to upholster furniture that way, and found I had a talent for making those wire and gemstone bonsai trees that were all the rage once upon a time."



"I love a challenge and is one of the reasons I became a writer. Although, I did imagine in the beginning that I would write beautifully romantic, magical stories. How I have come to enjoy writing psychological thrillers is a mystery, but there are two on the shelves of Amazon, with more to follow. Maybe there is a darker side to me that I didn’t know about!

Somewhere inside me is an artistic streak, desperately trying to get out and be recognised, and although I have created some lovely things in my time, sheer perfection still eludes me."


"I have a weird sense of humour, an infectious laugh and a legendary bad temper. The passing of time has rounded off the edges a little however, as I have learned a little patience.

The down side of being a Taurean is not so desirable however, and I have to own up to possessing some of these traits too.  I can be unadventurous, secretive, frugal, possessive, opinionated and overly sentimental. Boring and lazy I would argue with, but I dislike chaos and unnecessary risks. I tend to avoid bossy people, and I am supposed to be good at making money.  

Not much sign of that as yet…"

I love this cover!

Well, you never know... at least Taureans are good at sticking at it!  You can give Jaye a big cheery hello on Twitter HERE. 

For Jaye's two Taurus writers I chose a lady who is clearly a very tenacious bull...

....HOW many books has Barbara Taylor Bradford written??!



And another lady without whom a series about writers would surely not be complete: Charlotte Bronte

 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me in your astrology series, Terry. Such brilliant company I find myself in!
    Jaye Marie (Dawes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to know a little bit more about Jaye :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, all the Taurean traits and some, although I think Jaye is even more of a bull than I am by the sounds of it. I am not quite so hell bent on being right, nor am I so determined to prove it, unless I really am right of course, which I am most of them time :) Love it, Jaye, and you are actually a real dear. I cannot imagine you being bad tempered at all, but then maybe you're like me...when pushed, the red flag goes up and all reason flies out as the temper flares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my oldest friends is a Taurus, we made the mistake of living together in a tiny NYC apt. when we were young and heads butted! But we have that sisterly bond, she is a loyal and solid friend I know will always be in my life. You guys can be stubborn though I admire the Taurean tenacious will! ;-) Nice to meet you Jaye :-)

    ReplyDelete