Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Zodiac Files: Linda Hobden ~ Taurus/Gemini

Astrology ~ a bit of fun, a load of rubbish, or something to take seriously?

I invited around 70 writers/bloggers to write a piece about whether or not they're typical of their sign, and how its traits affect their writing life ~ if at all...

I've featured fifty-four writers and bloggers so far ~ if you would like to have a look at the list (with links), they're all HERE


Now, there was me thinking I'd got myself another Taurus, and then I read the article from my next guest, shoe and fashion blogger Linda Hobden, and discovered that she's a Taurus/Gemini cusp who feels more like the twins than a bull!  The blog's gorgeous, a real must for shoes and fashion addicts ~ it's HERE

Tell us all about your cuspal life, Linda :)


"I was born on May 21st and depending on what horoscope guide one refers to, I am either a Taurus or a Gemini.  I have always considered myself a Gemini, but looking at the two different traits, I am definitely half and half.  Being on the cusp can be lots of fun - when reading my horoscopes I read both Taurus & Gemini and pick the prediction that I like the sound of!  So, when Terry asked the immortal question of how my zodiac traits present themselves when I write my blog, in true "cusp" style, I picked out traits from both lists."


"My Gemini side shows itself in the fact that I am nosy, chatty, communicative, sociable and I'm interested in a variety of subjects. This bodes well for me as I interview on my blog people from all walks of life from around the world - CEOs, models, photographers, fashion designers, craftspeople, authors, entrepreneurs  and others - about their careers, lives and their personal footwear and fashion tastes.  Being nosy, chatty and interested definitely helps.  In the field of communication, I love the English language (and literature)."


My Taurus side shows itself in the fact that I am stubborn and I dislike change.  I had been told for months that my blog of 4 years was no longer mobile friendly but I was too stubborn to agree to change the theme ... but after a while I did change my theme and it does look slicker and.... well, let's just say, it has been done! Other Taurus traits include being independent (I may be sociable but I do like to work on my blog independently); being loyal (I do support those who have given me hope, encouragement and help as I go on my blog journey); being dependable (if I say I will do something, I will); being reliable (I blog every week without fail and have done since 2012 - I just cannot blog without being organised in advance!); being artistic (I enjoy photography, especially macro and textures - and I like the chance of using my photos in my blog).  Unfortunately, patience is a Taurus trait that doesn't apply to my blog life especially when I experience a technical hitch or two ...in fact I display that Gemini trait of being a tad quarrelsome!  Just ask my Leo husband!"


I haven't noticed that my Taurean husband is patient, at all.... mind you, he has half his birth chart in fiery, demanding AriesA very clear insight into the two signs ~ if you would like to get to know Linda and follow her posts, she can be contacted Twitter or Facebook.

Now, famous writer time ~ I thought it best to choose one of each!

.... with Gemini chick lit writer Jane Green....

and the king of the American blockbuster beach read, Taurean Harold Robbins :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh being born on the cusp of two signs must really pull you in all sorts of directions, lovely to me you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if you've get the best of three types, Linda! :) Being a Taurean too, I am not very patient either, except when I have to be and I've trained myself to be. Left to follow the real me, I am very impatient, so it takes some effort! I think being on the cusp is a very good place to be from the sounds of it. Lovely to meet you and I shall now look at your blog!

    ReplyDelete