Thursday 11 August 2022

Very Hot Day

Had several errands to run today and decided to make the most of the sunshine, and do them all on foot.  Walked about 5 miles.  Will probably look like a very red big red thing later.

The colours!





I'm actually quite brown but the light makes me look lily-white!

A victim of the wind, I imagine.



That moment when you realise how ridiculous you look in your sunglasses.  Also, I have them on over my normal distance glasses - the optician said that I should always wear sunglasses because of my fledgling cataract, and I don't have any with prescription lenses in. What with the headband to stop sweat running into my eyes, I am not very good at this 'heatwave chic' stuff.




2 comments:

  1. I don't know how anyone looks chic in the heat unless they have access to air conditioning, Terry. Love the glasses! Five miles is a belter of a walk but the trees and flowers are lovely. It looks hot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you what, the headband thing is the best ever. I had the idea when I worked in a cafe in Cromer one summer, because I thought that a waitress with a sweaty face was not a good look! Great not to have sweat pouring into my eyes and making them sting - and it makes my fringe stay straight!! I bought several the other day, 69p in Superdrug!!!!

      Delete