Saturday 10 August 2019

Beautiful Cromer #Norfolk

August 5th ~ 9th.  I went back to Cromer, where I used to live, for a few days.  Missing it already.....








I always loved going for walks early on summer mornings, 
when there is hardly anyone about.


If you've read my book Tipping Point, you might be interested to know that Shipden, where the virus first breaks out, is based on Cromer, which was originally called Shipden-juxta-Felbrigg.  More about its history here.




Love the narrow streets....

I made this plate in 2001 for Breakers Café's then-owner, when I lived there; four owners later, it's now older than some of the girls who work there 😁
The food is and always was first-rate, by the way! 

(It is called the Seagull café in Tipping Point ~ as for Lawrie and Gemma, who owned it... I admit a slight resemblance, apart from the fact that they're both alive and kicking 😉)




For four years I lived in a flat in the white-ish building at the end of this photo.  Lovely morning views :)








12 comments:

  1. Really lovely pictures, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yars - I have loads more, of people, but I didn't want to put them on here or it becomes like Facebook!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos, TT. I never realised Cromer was such a pretty town and the endless sands are gorgeous. I can see why you loved it there. Does it get very busy during the holiday season? It looks quiet in your photos, but maybe you chose quiet times to take them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so pictureskew, Val! It's packed in August, especially in Carnival week, which this wasn't - but not unbearably so. Lots of the pics are taken early in the morning, about 7 am, or in the evening - or much further along the beach, away from the town. I remembered why I loved it so much - it's so small, and everything is within about 5 minutes' walk. Like living in a soap opera town!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't it? Many of them were taken first thing in the morning, before 8 am :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely pics, looks like a gorgeous place! I really miss the seaside, and must get back to it asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am missing it already.... as a Pisces, you should be there ALWAYS!

      Delete
  5. These photos give a real behind the scenes look to your books Terry! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I even showed my mother-in-law where certain scenes out of Tipping Point took place, as we were walking around!!

      Delete
  6. There is a story/essay there in those photos. Just love these pictures, Terry. They reveal s story.

    ReplyDelete