Sunday 1 November 2015

The Z Files: Jerome Dumont ~ Gemini

Astrology ~ a bit of fun, a load of rubbish, or something to take seriously?

I invited around 70 writers/bloggers to write a piece about how typical they are of their sign, and how its traits affect their writing life ~ if at all...

Has your favourite writer been featured yet?  Links to all previous posts at the end of this one :)

The small world of the internet ~ please allow me to introduce Quebec based French lawyer-turned-indie author Jerome Dumont, whose multi-faceted life already seems typical of his sign ~ GeminiTalking of multi-faceted, he's just started up a business called Nameo Solutions, which provides a full range of web services ~ it's HERE.  Do contact him if you'd like to know more :)


Bonne matin et bienvenue a ma blog, Jerome ~ the floor is yours...


"When it comes to my astrology sign, I often say that as a typical Gemini, one gets two for the price of one…  we are said to have dual personalities, with - slight (I do insist) - instabilities: sometimes anxious, sometimes playful and overly communicative. Indeed. Point is, I often exhaust myself with the rollercoaster I’m riding everyday! 

I did never dig much further (the burden is already heavy!) but thanks to Terry’s brilliant idea which I love, I’ve been a good boy and made some other researches.

So, we’re said to be pessimistic and to often see the glass half-filled… I suspect some link there with the obvious fact that we need to be reassured. Sometimes. Often. Everyday."


"Another typical trait of Gemini is that they're allergic to routine: yes to that too. I’m actually suffering from that terrible illness. But, thank God, writing prevents me from that boring « ring ring… 7AM... Move yourself to go again » routine by starting the writing of my 8th and 9th books. 

An analyzing mind, even when we don’t want to… Because there’s always a reason, isn’t there?"


"Geminis love to find solutions and solve problems: look no further - I’m a thriller author (but as I love to give myself new challenges, I’m planning the writing of a chick-lit novel - what life would look like without REAL challenges?).

Not limited to one contradiction, I love to meet new people but I do need some loneliness. Speaking of duality? I’ve also read (it must be true, I found it on Elle astrology pages) that if I was an animal, I’d be a cat, needing my own home sweet home AND loving my freedom plus a strong taste for travel. I must admit that « immature » is also found on this article. Must be a typo.

Elle also says that male Geminis often had a very present mother during childhood… Get outta my head. Please. By the way… Love you mom! 

Bottom line: I recognize myself in almost, well, everything I’ve read about my astrological sign. But amongst all, my most typical astrological trait - apart of that bloody duality, is that Geminis are faithful, especially with friends. 110% agreed!"


I love this piece ~ I especially love that Jerome got his information from Elle magazine!  And of course it's written in such a charming and witty Gemini fashion :). 

You can read more about Jerome's life and books on his website  and follow him on Twitter.  

G Garrulous
E Excitable
M Mercurial
I Inquisitive
N Nosey!
I Imaginative

Two other intricate plot creating, quick Gemini minds to join Jerome in the mental conundrum of thriller writing...

Best seller Robert Ludlum ~ I've never read any of his 
but there are about 30 of the damn things on the bookshelf of the spare room I sleep in when I visit my Dad!


.... and master of many trades, Mitch Albom.  
I've read his The Five People You Meet In Heaven, which is fab!



Coming next time: A chick lit writing Libra!

Previous Posts:
Aquarius and Capricorn: Nicky Black
Capricorn: Steffany R


8 comments:

  1. I've got some catching up to do, TT, and I'm starting here...loved this post from Jerome, and yes, wasn't it great he got his info from Elle! He sounds delightfully mercurial, which is always how I imagine Gems 😄

    PS, been on boat business all week, hence my abence...now on to my namesake and fellow Taurean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Boat business... I asked Jaye, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love that he referenced Elle (to which I subscribe!) Lovely to find out more about you, Jerome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words ! Glad you appreciate my Elle references ;) I'll stand by Cosmo shall Terry's next initiative involves quizz work ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 'allergic to routine' bit - great to meet you Jerome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to read about another Gemini! Nice to meet you, Jerome and check out your Gemini characteristics. If your glass is half full I must have the other half. I must admit that while I try to have a positive attitude it sometimes requires more work than the results show. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Georgia and Nora ! Great to meet you too ;)
    Nora, I can't count times where I see emptiness in my glass more that anything else, but you know what? I've just remembered that, half full or half empty, this bloody glass still has something to drink inside :D
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete